In general, family law addresses issues involving marriage, family and domestic relationships. Family law issues are heard in civil courts and cover a broad scope of legal concerns such as divorce, separation, adoption, domestic partnerships, foster care and child abuse cases.
At the law firm of Lvovich & Szucsko, P.C., our San Francisco Bay Area family law attorneys assist clients with a wide range of family law issues, including the following:
- Divorce : If you are going through a divorce, we can help you pursue favorable outcomes to issues such as property division, child custody and support, and spousal support.
- Child custody : Our attorneys help clients resolve child custody issues in the context of divorce cases, paternity actions, modification petitions and parental relocation requests.
- Child support : Whether you are getting divorced or your income has changed since your divorce, we can help you pursue a fair outcome under California’s child support guidelines.
- Domestic partnerships : Whether you need assistance understanding your options under California’s domestic partnership laws or dissolving a domestic partnership, we can help.
- Legal separation : If you and your spouse wish to separate without getting divorced for religious reasons, retirement benefits or other reasons, our attorneys can assist you.
- Prenuptial agreements : Whether you want to propose a prenuptial agreement to your future spouse or you have been asked to sign a prenuptial agreement, we can advise you.
- Annulment: Our attorneys will explain how an annulment can serve as an alternative to marriage dissolution.
- Restraining Orders: If you feel threatened by someone, our attorneys can help you protect yourself and your loved ones by seeking a court order.
Our attorneys are committed to prioritizing our clients’ best interests. We handle family law cases competently and compassionately, carefully explaining how the law applies to our clients’ specific situations so they can make informed decisions about these important matters.
San Francisco and San Mateo Family Court Attorneys · 415-392-2560
Before taking any action on a family law matter, it is important to consult a lawyer to ensure that your rights are being protected. To discuss your case with our experienced attorneys, please contact us at 415-392-2560 or by e-mail to schedule an initial consultation.